Well-known North Walsham stalwart weds
- Credit: Archant
Well-known community stalwart and retired North Walsham optometrist Mike Ling has wed his partner, Brenda Davey.
The couple met two years ago while on holiday in Turkey and were married at Edingthorpe Church.
Widower Mr Ling founded his New Road optician's practice in 1965.
A keen local historian, he has an extensive collection of photographs and North Walsham artefacts and is president, and a former chairman, of the North Walsham and District Community Archive Group.
Mr Ling is also a former chairman of the town's chamber of trade and Round Table Club, and a past president of North Walsham Rotary Club. He still gives talks on the history of spectacles.
You may also want to watch:
The new Mrs Ling is a retired primary school teacher who hails from Beccles but had been living in Aberdeen.
Between them the couple, who live on North Walsham's Grammar School Road, have four grown-up children.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
Mr Ling's son Martin was best man at the wedding.