Weight loss inspired Norwich mum’s Slimming World career choice
- Credit: Della Mantle
A Norwich mum was so inspired by losing over two stone in weight in just 12 weeks, she decided to pursue a new career as a consultant for Slimming World.
Della Mantle, 29, from Norwich, is starting a new group at George White Junior School, in Silver Road, on October 9, to pass on the lessons she learned while slimming.
She gained over three stone while pregnant, giving in to cravings for chocolate and takeaways.
After the baby was born and Mrs Mantle was breastfeeding him, she continued to eat fatty foods because she had wrongly heard that she needed to have a high fat diet and to eat lots of extra calories to make sure her milk was fatty enough for him to grow well.
She said: 'The turning point came when I saw a photo of me holding my older son. I was the heaviest I had ever been – the scales confirmed I had been putting on weight since having my baby, rather than losing it.
You may also want to watch:
'I felt at rock bottom, completely depressed and desperately unhappy with the way I looked.
'I would avoid having my picture taken and hide underneath baggy maternity clothes. I felt helpless and didn't know what I could do.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Mrs Mantle decided to change her lifestyle when a friend told her about Slimming World and was amazed to learn she could follow it while breastfeeding.
She said she could eat unlimited rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit and vegetables, eggs, lean meat and poultry, as well as Curly Wurly chocolate bars and still have her favourite meals, including a roast dinner, shepherds pie and fish and chips.
'Slimming World has honestly changed my life and I am so thankful I found it when I did.
'If only I'd known that Slimming World helps pregnant women eat healthily too I would have joined earlier!
'I loved the whole experience, the group was so wonderful and supportive, I was never made to feel embarrassed or ashamed.
'I am really looking forward to supporting people locally.'
For more information telephone Della on 01603 482063.