Week in luxury Wells holiday house up for grabs in charity auction
- Credit: Archant
A week in a luxury holiday house in Wells has been offered up in a charity auction to raise money towards a new boathouse for the RNLI's new Shannon lifeboat.
Spicer's holiday house on The Buttlands is owned by Stephen and Antonia Bournes, who also own The Globe Inn.
The newly renovated property was completely booked out this summer but after having had a last minute cancellation they decided to auction the week's stay.
Mrs Bournes said: 'The RNLI does an amazing job in keeping everyone safe all year round. We are hoping to raise as much money as possible to ensure the team can continue their fantastic work.'
A week in August would usually cost £2,325 for up to eight people and bidding will start at £1,600. The week's break is from Friday, August 18, and includes use of the beach hut on Wells Beach for one day.
You may also want to watch:
Email bids to email@example.com by August 4.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown