Wedding suppliers win regional awards and head for national finals
- Credit: Jo Pyman
Seven Norfolk businesses have been crowned winners at an awards ceremony to recognise the cream of the East of England's wedding industry.
The 2017 Wedding Industry Awards (TWIA) awards took place on Wednesday, November 15 at the Granary Estates, Parsonage Farm in Wooditton, Suffolk.
Among the winners were One Curious Dream, which won the venue stylist award. Director Jo Pyma said: 'We are absolutely thrilled to have been chosen as the top wedding venue stylist in the East of England at the 2018 Wedding Industry Awards. We are incredibly grateful to our amazing couples who voted for us and to the highly-respected panel for recognising the love, care and passion that we put into each and every one of our weddings.
'Winning this award firmly cements our place as one of the top venue stylists in the UK and we look forward to competing on a national level at the finals in January.'
Another winner, Silverline Limousines and Weddings Cars, won the transport supplier award for the region. A spokesperson for the business said: 'Silverline Limousines and Wedding Cars are extremely proud to have just been awarded the TWIA accolade of the best wedding transport supplier in the east of England for the fourth year in succession. This triumph means so much to us as these notable awards are voted for by the wedding couples that have got married over the previous twelve months. We are so honoured and touched that the lovely couples we chauffeured over the past season for their weddings took the time out to vote for us.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a fabulous glitzy evening at The Granary Estates wedding venue near Newmarket. This now means we are invited and are looking forward to the national final in London in January.'
The five other winners were, band award winner Hot Shots, hair stylist award winner Gemma Holiday Hair Artistry, marquee provider award winner Mortons Events Hire, special touch award winner Edd Crafer Magician and videographer award winner Browns Films.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
TWIA aims to increase the wedding industry's profile and provide marketing potential for businesses. Anyone can nominate any wedding supplier, those shortlisted will be invited to enter the awards. Only the businesses' previous year's wedding clients can vote for them on the website.