Wedding show draws couples to Carrow Road
- Credit: Archant
They flocked to Carrow Road seeking something old, new new, something borrowed and something blue.
More than 500 people were at the EDP Bride Wedding Show in Norwich yesterday to gather ideas and make plans for upcoming nuptials.
There were more than 60 stands offering everything wedding-related from multi-layered cakes, hats, dresses and rings, photography, musicians and vintage cars.
Diana Sims, general manager of Archant Weddings East, said she was thrilled with the response to the show.
She said: 'These events are so good because you have got everything under one roof. You have got lots of choice as well and that's what people are after - everything is all right here on your doorstep.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sims said extras such as chocolate fountains and photo booths were becoming ever more popular for weddings.
Couple Danni Howard, 26, and Chris Baker, 34, both from Norwich, were at the show to plan their ceremony after getting engaged in March.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
Miss Howard said: 'One of the main things we came for was to get ideas for a venue and we've found something that looks ideal.
'This is a really good event for finding out what to do and seeing what's available.'
Among the exhibitors were Lauren Youngs and Ria Underwood, who are launching a new wedding dress business called Le Jour.
Ms Youngs said it was their first time taking part in an EDP Bride Wedding Show.
She said: 'It's been going well - everybody has been really welcoming. We've had a lot of interest for our build-your-own wedding dress, because a lot of people really like the idea of being able to design it themselves.'
Do you have a story about an event in Norwich? Email email@example.com including your full contact details.