Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- Credit: Met Office
A yellow weather warning has been issued by the Met Office for Norfolk and Waveney as wintry showers overnight are expected to cause icy conditions.
The weather warning is in place for Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, as icy patches are expected to form.
The yellow weather warning covers all of Norfolk and goes as far south as Aldeburgh in Suffolk.
The wintry showers will fall as a mixture of sleet and snow across parts of Norfolk and Suffolk, although it is unlikely to fall near the coast.
The Met Office says there is a risk of injury from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
Icy patches on untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths are also expected to cause slippery conditions.
Roads and railways could be affected by ice and the possible snowfall, resulting in longer journey times, Met Office added.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue