Temperatures to reach 18C by weekend - but not before four days of rain and thunder
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Temperatures are forecast to reach 18C by the weekend, but not before four days of rain and thunder.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said the warmer temperatures will finally arrive in Norfolk on Friday and Saturday (April 6 and 7).
But until then, there will be outbreaks of rain throughout the week, with the chance of thunder across the county on Tuesday.
Since midnight Norfolk has seen 15 to 20mm of rainfall.
Adam Dury, meteorologist at Weatherquest, said today (Monday) will see areas of heavy rain throughout the morning and early afternoon, before clearing later in the day.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, temperatures are predicted to reach highs of 14C, but there will be showers in the afternoon, followed by thunder.
Mr Dury said there were also 'longer spells' of rain forecast for Wednesday. Thursday will be similar with temperatures not reaching higher than 11C.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
He said by Friday the bad weather will clear to make way for sunshine and temperatures of up to 18C.
That will continue into Saturday, before the rain returns in the evening.