Freezing weather set to continue into weekend
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk and Waveney have woken up to frosty scenes as ice covers the region's roads.
The cold weather continues with temperatures dipping below freezing Thursday night, causing ice and frost across the region.
Public health East England warned people to wrap up as subzero temperatures swept the region.
It tweeted: 'Keep warm this evening - extra layers, hot drinks and bed socks needed! Please check on your elderly and vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours too.'
Forecasters at Weatherquest said that although the chilly temperatures would continue through Friday, the day would be fine with long spells of hazy sunshine and a gentle breeze.
You may also want to watch:
As the night draws in forecasters said clouds would start gathering with rain and sleet showers into the early hours.
The temperature is expected to hover around 1 – 2c with the possibility of ice Saturday morning.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
Saturday is forecast to be cloudy with a chance of rain which Weatherquest said had a small chance of falling as snow if temperatures fell low enough.
Sunday is predicted to be dry and bright with plenty of sunshine spells, although temperatures are expected to remain low
Send your winter weather pictures to email@example.com