Risk of flooding as weather warning for heavy rain is issued
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk and Waveney.
The yellow warning is in place all day Thursday with a chance of up to 30mm of rain in some places and "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
The warning, which is in place for large parts of the country, also states: "Bus and train services will probably be affected with journey times taking longer and spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer."
It follows a wet start to the week with showers in many parts of the region on Monday.
A forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest said it will be a "chilly start to the day on Tuesday, bright with sunny spells in the morning."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We will see cloud amounts increasing with one or two isolated showers at first, particularly towards midday and into the afternoon.
"It looks dry for much of the time on Wednesday with some sunshine and just the small chance of an isolated shower before things turn more unsettled again as we go towards Thursday and the end of the week."
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash