Norfolk set for boiling Bank Holiday weekend with highs of 29C - hotter than Ibiza, Tenerife and Morocco
- Credit: Archant
As the Bank Holiday weekend approaches you might be wondering whether you'll be basking in the sun with a BBQ or facing a total washout.
According to experts from Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest, the bulk of the long weekend will be filled with warm weather, with only a small chance of showers.
Weatherquest's James Wilby said: 'There's a little uncertainty, but it does looks set to be a warm one across Norfolk.
'Saturday and Sunday should be mostly dry, with a small risk of showers on Sunday evening.
'Temperatures for the weekend should be at around 24C/25C on Saturday, rising to highs of 28C or even 29C on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
'Things will begin to cool down again on Monday however, with temperatures dropping to low 20s and a chance of rain.'
Scorching highs of 29C on Sunday would make Norfolk hotter than holiday destinations such as Tenerife, Barcelona, Ibiza, Morocco and Cyprus this weekend.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
As for the rest of this week, temperatures are expected to remain warm, with Wednesday seeing some cloudy patches and highs of 22C, Thursday staying similar and Friday peaking at a possible 25C.
• Will you be making the most of the sunshine this weekend? Send your warm weather photos to email@example.com