Pest from the West to bring heavy rain to Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norfolk and Waveney has just recovered from the deluge of snow brought by the Beast from the East and now the region is set to be hit by the Pest from the West.
Weather warnings for snow are in place for parts of the country on Thursday due to the weather front but East Anglia is expected to escape another covering of the white stuff.
But forecasters have warned of heavy rain and the possibility of lightning.
'The main areas which will be affected are the Midlands, the North West and Wales,' said Adam Dury of Norwich-based Weatherquest. 'But the region will see a spell of heavy rain on Thursday morning and the Suffolk coast may even see some lightning.
'It will also be a bit blustery with wind speeds up to 35mph.'
Temperatures will dip below freezing on Thursday night with showers on Friday before a warm front moves in over the weekend.
Melting snow and steady rainfall has led to flood alerts being put in place for the River Waveney from Diss and the River Dove to Ellingham, including Bungay and the Little Ouse and River Thet.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 9 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m