Pest from the West to bring heavy rain to Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norfolk and Waveney has just recovered from the deluge of snow brought by the Beast from the East and now the region is set to be hit by the Pest from the West.
Weather warnings for snow are in place for parts of the country on Thursday due to the weather front but East Anglia is expected to escape another covering of the white stuff.
But forecasters have warned of heavy rain and the possibility of lightning.
'The main areas which will be affected are the Midlands, the North West and Wales,' said Adam Dury of Norwich-based Weatherquest. 'But the region will see a spell of heavy rain on Thursday morning and the Suffolk coast may even see some lightning.
'It will also be a bit blustery with wind speeds up to 35mph.'
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will dip below freezing on Thursday night with showers on Friday before a warm front moves in over the weekend.
Melting snow and steady rainfall has led to flood alerts being put in place for the River Waveney from Diss and the River Dove to Ellingham, including Bungay and the Little Ouse and River Thet.
- 1 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 2 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 3 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre