Did you make the most of the weather? Norfolk experiences warmest day of the year so far
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Following weeks of snow and rain, warm weather finally arrived in Norfolk.
Temperatures in Norfolk rose noticeably today (April 7) with highs of 17.5C at Houghton Hall and 16.5C in Norwich, making it the warmest day of 2018 so far.
Lots of people in Norwich celebrated the lovely day by grabbing gelato, with queues out of the door at Cafe Gelato on Opie Street.
And Weatherquest forecaster Richard Jones said that it could still get warmer within the next hour, with maximum temperatures of 18C predicted before the day ends.
However the warmth doesn't look set to continue into tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
'On Sunday a front will linger over the region, which will see temperatures drop to between 10C to 12C. We're expecting some light, patchy rain and it will be cooler as it's going to be cloudier,' said Mr Jones.
He added: 'As we head in to Monday there's a risk of a few showers, with it being more on the cloudy side. Maximum temperatures of 13C to 14C.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
• Did you make the most of the weather today? Send your warm weather photos to us @EDP24 or @EveningNews