Lucky escape for passengers after Storm Doris blows over a double decker bus in Walton Highway
- Credit: Norfolk & Suffolk's Roads Policing
A double decker bus was overturned by strong winds in Walton Highway.
Police were called to the scene around 1.25pm after the X1 bus was blown over near the roundabout close to Worzals Farm Shop.
The X1 bus service, run by First Group, has been suspended between Peterborough and Norwich due to safety concerns regarding the extremely high winds.
Spokesperson for First Eastern Counties confirmed the 15 passengers on board had been discharged from the scene: 'We can confirm that one of our double deck vehicles overturned on the A47 between Wisbech and Peterborough at around 1.15pm this afternoon.
'We immediately implemented our emergency procedures and mobilised our incident response team to the scene to provide support to those involved and the emergency services.
'The safety of our employees and our customers is our highest priority and due to the worsening weather conditions we have suspended service on the X1 route between Norwich and Peterborough until weather conditions improve.'
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 6 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK