In pictures: Families bask in sunshine of the year’s hottest day - at a distance
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
As temperatures soared to create the hottest day of the year, people in Norfolk have been making the most of the easing of lockdown measures to bask in the sunshine.
With families now allowed to travel greater distances and sunbathe, some chose to take to the coast and take in some social distanced rays.
Others elected to take to their local parks, particularly those further away from the coast, with Norwich’s Earlham Park particularly busy.
Temperatures reached the mid to high 20s on the glorious Wednesday afternoon, however, with social distancing still in effect people generally kept safely away from one another.
People also made use of open spaces on the edge of the city, such as Whitlingham Country Park, where Mitch the Dog took a cooling dip.
You may also want to watch:
However, other parts of the county remained eerily quiet, with seaside towns such as Great Yarmouth not seeing nearly as many visitors at would ordinarily have on such a warm day.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital