Fallen tree blocking road near Great Yarmouth as region hit by blustery conditions
- Credit: PA
Motorists are being warned that a fallen tree is blocking a road near Great Yarmouth.
The tree has come down on Beccles Road, Belton and is blocking the road.
The incident comes following blustery conditions for much of the county overnight.
Forecasters at Weatherquest, based at the UEA in Norwich, have said the blustery conditions will continue throughout the day with showers expected later.
There will be strong gusts of between 40mph and 50mph expected at times, particularly in coastal areas.
You may also want to watch:
Forecasters have warned the strongest gusts of wind will be over high ground and around coastal areas.
Weatherquest tweeted: 'E Anglia Today: A blustery day with sunny spells and most places dry this morning, becoming cloudy with showery rain in the afternoon. Fresh to strong westerly winds with gusts of 40-50mph at times, with the strongest gusts closest to the coast.'
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods