We want your photos! Did you take part in the Broadland Half Marathon?
- Credit: Norwich Road Runners.
A total of 360 runners put on their trainers this morning to take part in a half marathon set in the beautiful Broadland countryside.
The Broadland Half Marathon is the Norwich Road Runners' premier race and makes for an early highlight in the Norfolk race calendar.
It attracts a large field of both fast club runners and new runners who speed through the 13.1 mile course.
And this year's race sold out in just five weeks.
Earlier today, race organisers posted on their website: 'Congratulations to all 360 runners who took part in this year's Broadland Half Marathon. The weather was good and runners recorded many personal bests.'
You may also want to watch:
Race organiser Nick Gurney said: 'It was wonderful to see all 360 runners take part in the Broadland Half Marathon. The event is a highlight in the Norfolk Running Calendar, and is well supported by runners. The weather conditions were perfect, about 10 degrees and with no wind, powering many runners to personal bests over a half marathon distance. The support from members of the Norwich Road Runners, other clubs, and the local community, was fantastic.'
Around £500 was also raised from the sale of cakes and refreshments. This will be donated to The Big C charity in memory of member Mark Ring, who passed away in November last year.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- Did you take part in today's race? Comment below to tell us how you did, or send you stories and photos to Donna-Louise.Bishop@archant.co.uk.