‘We are grateful’: Sports hub refurbished following grant
- Credit: Archant
A community hub for sports have celebrated its new refurbishment after securing a £5,000 fund.
The Bungay and District Sports Association (BDSA), which is based at Malings Pavilion in Ditchingham, near Bungay celebrated the fund by refurbishing the community room.
The sports ground is home to Bungay Town FC, Bungay Cricket Club the local tennis club and is used as community venue.
The grant from the Norfolk Saracen Fund, through the Norfolk Community Foundation helped refurbish the community room to make it "even more attractive".
BDSA Chairman, Jon Fuller, said "This grant has enabled Maltings Pavilion to maintain its important place as a premier community venue. The Pavilion was first opened in March 2006 and was beginning to look its age.
You may also want to watch:
"We are grateful to Norfolk Community Foundation and our contractors including Wightman and Son Ltd. for the incredible support they have given us".
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer