Waveney partnership will provide bigger say
Funding has been agreed to set up a new body for Waveney to improve people's lives and help ensure their needs are discussed at a national level.
Waveney District Council's cabinet has approved providing �100,000 to help create the East Suffolk Partnership (ESP) from next April.
The ESP will replace both Waveney's and Suffolk District Council's local strategic partnerships and will take on their roles of promoting the economic, social and environmental well-being of the population of both districts.
It is hoped the new body will provide a more powerful lobbying voice for the two districts and secure funding for beneficial schemes.
Waveney's cabinet approved the year-long funding on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Coastal's cabinet has already approved �100,000 for the ESP in its first year with Suffolk County Council providing �200,000 for the new organisation.
The board of the ESP will include two councillors from each of the three councils and representatives from the health, housing, environmental, business and voluntary sectors as well as police and local communities.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Colin Law, leader of Waveney, said: 'This is an important step forward that will bring real long-term benefits to our communities.
'The ESP will be a key player in achieving the improved quality of life our districts want.
'It will not only be a powerful lobbying voice for east Suffolk to ensure our needs are heard and addressed on a regional and national level, but it will also help fund and deliver efficient and effective projects and initiatives at a local level that will make a real difference.'