Woman in her 80s dies in two-car crash on A143
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman aged in her 80s died has died in a two car collision on a road near a village.
Police were called just before 3.55pm on Saturday, December 9 to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143 at Wattisfield, near Diss.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance but the female passenger of the Hyundai, a woman aged in her 80s, died at the scene.
The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road whilst a collision investigation took place but it reopened at 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 258 of 9 December.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk