Woman in her 80s dies in two-car crash on A143
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman aged in her 80s died has died in a two car collision on a road near a village.
Police were called just before 3.55pm on Saturday, December 9 to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a black Ford Mondeo and a black Hyundai Getz on the A143 at Wattisfield, near Diss.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance but the female passenger of the Hyundai, a woman aged in her 80s, died at the scene.
The male driver of the Hyundai Getz and the female driver of the Ford Mondeo both received treatment for minor injuries.
The road was closed between the B1113 and Summer Road whilst a collision investigation took place but it reopened at 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 258 of 9 December.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 10 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park