Watch the moment six-year-old who saved unconscious mum with 999 call is told she’s going to Disney World
- Credit: Emma Nutley
A child who saved her mum by calling the ambulance on her own has had her dreams come true today.
Six-year-old Sasha Nutley was rewarded with a holiday when she won a special recognition award at the Stars of Norfolk and Waveney Awards in December 2015.
Earlier that year, when she was just four, Sasha dialled 999 after she was unable to wake her mum up when she fell unconscious in their home in Marham.
Mum Emma suffers from supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), a condition which causes her heart to beat too fast.
Sasha thought her prize for saving her mum's life was a trip to Scotland but was shocked to find she was going on a two-week trip to Disney World.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Nutley kept it a secret for the best part of two years but made the big reveal just hours before their flight to Florida.
The moment was captured on film showing Sasha looking at her mum in disbelief before being unable to contain her excitement.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Mrs Nutley said: 'She is very excited, I thought she was going to cry.
'She still wants to go to Scotland, she asked can we go for her next birthday.'
Equipped with Mickey Mouse ears and the bare neccessities, Sasha said she was very happy and is looking forward to meeting Minnie Mouse.
'We are going to sleep on the aeroplane,' she said.
'I am going to hold my parents hands when we take off because I'm a little bit scared.'
But when they arrive to the Florida resort, she said: 'We are going on the rides and swim in the swimming pool.'
Sasha will be spending her 7th birthday in Disney World on September 13.
News of the surprise trip spread on Facebook and many well wishers wanted to send money to Sasha for her holiday.
But Mrs Nutley and her family, who now live in Norwich, would like donations to go towards Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS).
Mrs Nutley said: 'We feel that we would rather give back to a charity that helps save lives.
'The work they do is phenomenal.'
To donate, visit the fundraising page here.