WATCH: Boat destroyed after it is ravaged by fire
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a boathouse caught fire in Beccles over the weekend, as the occupant has been left homeless and the vessel destroyed.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze at 8.05pm on Saturday after reports of a houseboat on fire.
The 20ft cruiser was moored at the quayside when it was engulfed by the blaze.
The fire is believed to have stemmed from a propane gas cylinder.
Firefighters used foam to quell the blaze and provided assistance to the occupant, before the scene was considered safe at 9.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Courtney Gray from Beccles, who captured the footage of the fire described the scene as 'so scary'.
'I was hoping no one was on there - but they've now lost all there belongings and everything.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
'There was a quite a bit of smoke but it wasn't going onto the road so wasn't distracting the drivers which is the main thing,' Miss Gray said.
Waveney District Council is currently helping the boat's owner to find temporary accommodation.