WATCH: Boat destroyed after it is ravaged by fire
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a boathouse caught fire in Beccles over the weekend, as the occupant has been left homeless and the vessel destroyed.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze at 8.05pm on Saturday after reports of a houseboat on fire.
The 20ft cruiser was moored at the quayside when it was engulfed by the blaze.
The fire is believed to have stemmed from a propane gas cylinder.
Firefighters used foam to quell the blaze and provided assistance to the occupant, before the scene was considered safe at 9.30pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Courtney Gray from Beccles, who captured the footage of the fire described the scene as 'so scary'.
'I was hoping no one was on there - but they've now lost all there belongings and everything.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
'There was a quite a bit of smoke but it wasn't going onto the road so wasn't distracting the drivers which is the main thing,' Miss Gray said.
Waveney District Council is currently helping the boat's owner to find temporary accommodation.