Watch: Stunning starling murmuration over Norwich Castle captured by Sprowston pupil
- Credit: Archant
A huge flock of starlings were caught on camera performing over Norwich Castle against a beautiful sunset.
The incredible footage was captured by Fabian Harrison, a 16-year-old student at Sprowston Community High School, after he went to take some photos on St James' Hill in the city.
It was the second time he had seen a starling murmuration after first becoming aware of them when watching the BBC's Springwatch.
He said: 'After first spotting them last year I didn't think they would return to Norwich but I was so lucky to see them again in such a great location and get these really good shots.'
Fabian has a keen interest in wildlife and hopes to pursue a career in photography or film in the future.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued