Motorists warned to avoid area as police deal with Lowestoft incidents
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect delays following a couple of incidents in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Police have advised motorists that one lane remains closed on the Bascule Bridge today (Saturday, October 5).
Officers have tweeted details of the closure and stated emergency services are "on the scene".
Meanwhile, London Road South in the town has reopened following an earlier incident.
Suffolk Police earlier tweeted that the road was closed following an incident with "police, fire and ambulance on scene".
You may also want to watch:
Police warned motorists to "avoid the area".
But in the past few minutes officers tweeted: "Following an earlier incident London Road South, #Lowestoft is now open. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. #CCR #SuffolkPolice".
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
More to follow.