Warning after series of burglaries in Breckland area
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Police in Breckland are warning householders to be cautious and aware after a spate of burglaries in the area.
Nine burglaries have been reported in the last week, with four in Swaffham, two in Dereham and one each in Watton, Thetford and Attleborough.
Superintendent Dennis Lacey said: 'This type of crime is rare, especially in Breckland and we are working hard to catch those responsible.
'Residents can help reduce this type of crime by taking some simple crime prevention measures, especially over the festive period, when it is easy to be distracted and to let your guard down.'
Crime prevention advice from Norfolk Constabulary to improve the security around your home includes:
You may also want to watch:
- Always make sure your doors and windows are securely closed and locked when leaving your home.
- Keep your house and car keys safe and away from doors and windows.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- Consider getting timer delays fitted on inside lights to make it look like you're at home.
Residents are also reminded to call 101 if they see any people or cars acting suspiciously in their community.
For more crime prevention tips, visit www.norfolk.police.uk