Voting starts in south Norfolk’s annual ‘Community Pub of the Year’ competition
- Credit: Archant
Votes are set to come pouring in as part of a south Norfolk 'Community Pub of the Year' competition.
South Norfolk Council launched this year's contest - which has been running for nine years - at South Norfolk on Show in Long Stratton on July 2.
Michael Edney, the council's deputy leader, said: 'It's great for the pubs as it gives them some fantastic publicity and can really boost trade.
'There are some wonderful places, serving great food and beer, bringing people together and playing a huge part in local life. We want to hear what makes your pub so special, so show them how much you value them and vote for them.'
And this year it is not just the pubs that can win - there is a host of prizes for residents on offer from breweries, eateries and pubs via the council's Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses giving away prizes include; The Green Dragon, Wymondham; The Wortwell Bell; The Crown Inn, Pulham Market; The Burston Crown; Netherton House, Long Stratton; The Pennoyer Centre, Pulham St Mary; Coldham Hall, Surlingham; Fox and Hounds, Great Moulton; Grain Brewery and The English Whisky Company.
To vote, visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/pubs, email firstname.lastname@example.org, text PUB plus name of pub and location to 80010, or post the name of the pub and location on the competition post on South Norfolk Council's Facebook page.
Voting closes on 10 September 2017.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more