Votes needed to help North Walsham get its new play park
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to vote to help a community project in North Walsham secure money towards a new play park in the town.
North Walsham Play is raising money for a new pirate and castle themed park, on Memorial Park, and has bid for funding from the Aviva Community Fund, which offers money to important causes in communities.
If enough votes are cast for the project by friends, family and supporters, it could be entered into the finals, where a judging panel will award the funds.
Matthew Smith, founder and trustee of North Walsham Play, said: 'We are determined to bring about exciting and new play parks for all children living in and around North Walsham.
'The Aviva Community Fund gives us a chance of securing a large pot of money towards our £90,000 funding campaign.
'The new park will see new and exciting play equipment introduced.'
Vote at https://goo.gl/kWGcGQ
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours