Volunteer for muddy obstacle course in aid of air ambulance - without getting messy
- Credit: EAAA
Volunteers wanting to help raise money for the region's air ambulance - but who do not want to get dirty in a gruelling muddy run - are invited to help out at the event in other ways.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance's (EAAA) Only The Brave event is on March 25 at Elveden Estate near Thetford, and will see thousands take on a muddy obstacle course to raise money for the life-saving service, which receives no government funding.
But for those who want to stay clean volunteer roles are available, including course marshal, car park marshal, help at registration, finish line cheerer and more. All volunteers will also receive a packed lunch.
Roles will take place between 7.45am and 4.30pm, with the length and time dependent on the role.
One volunteer from last year said: 'Only The Brave was the best volunteer event I have done. I had such a blast helping with this event. Thanks so much for a fantastic, well organised day.'
You may also want to watch:
Around 746 hours, which equates to just under £6,000 worth of volunteer time, was given at Only the Brave last year.
To get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
Or to find out more about the Only The Brave visit www.onlythebraveraces.co.uk