Volunteers needed for Strutt Your Mutt charity dog day
- Credit: James Bass
A celebration of dogs will be marked next month as an annual event makes a welcome return.
The popular Strutt Your Mutt event returns to the Benacre Estate on June 11, with money being raised for a canine charity.
The sponsored walk and dog day attracts hundreds of people and their four-legged friends every year.
Attractions include a two or five-mile sponsored dog walk in aid of Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, stalls and entertainment.
With the annual charity event hosted by Wangford Veterinary Clinic, organiser Jill Asquith said: 'Strutt Your Mutt charity dog day is organised by myself and a small team of friends. We are all volunteers and every penny that is raised is given to the benefiting charity, which this year is Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
You may also want to watch:
'In addition to the walks we have the main event site with two arenas, trade and charity stands, entertainment, have-a-go events and loads more.'
Visitors taking part in the sponsored walks, which start from 9am through until 4pm, will have a rare opportunity to enjoy areas of the estate that are not usually open to the public.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Other attractions include music and entertainment, a fun dog show with entries from 10am and judging from noon, a falconry display, ferreting demonstration, a gun dog display and The Strutt Your Mutt Super Dog Challenge. There will also be training and behavioural specialists to talk over any concerns and the team from Wangford Veterinary Clinic will be on hand to give information and advice.
Mrs Asquith added: 'This family fun day brings people together and celebrates the unique relationship that we share with our dogs. We already have a small team of volunteers but we need more. Volunteers are still needed for all sorts of roles, and there are many ways to get involved.
'The general vibe of the day is one of fun, and if you love dogs you will be spending your day with other people passionate about our four legged friends and the wonderful difference they make to our lives.'
If you're interested in joining team Strutt Your Mutt, visit www.struttyourmutt.co.uk/VolunteerApplication or email Jill via email@example.com
Tickets for the event are on sale now via www.struttyourmutt.co.uk Entry costs £5 for adults and £3 for under-16s.