Vodafone customers in South Norfolk left with no signal after mast update fails
- Credit: PA
Vodafone customers in parts of Norfolk have been left with little or no service for more than a week.
The network supplier sent text messages to customers in Diss, Roydon and Attleborough on Wednesday, November 15 explaining that services may be affected for two days while an upgrade was completed on a mast in the area.
But a week later customers still have no coverage. They took to Facebook to try to discover what was going on with their network.
Customers claimed Vodafone were 'ignoring' the problem.
A spokesman for the mobile phone firm said: 'Engineers are currently working on the issue and we are treating this as a priority.'
You may also want to watch:
For some customers the timing could not have been worse.
Jordan Coleman McRickus' nine-year-old daughter is away on her first school trip and she has not been able to contact her.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
She said: 'She was nervous to leave but I was reassured by the school that they would send regular text updates.
'Both myself and my husband use Vodafone so we've been unable to receive any updates.
'We have had no signal for a week now. My husband owns Coleman's Removals and he runs his business via his mobile and this has caused seriously problems.'
Customers have said they feel 'let down' and 'ignored' by Vodafone.
The network problems have also caused delays in receiving vital services.
Hannah Ford has had problems applying for benefits due to the network problems.
She said: 'I've had to restart several applications for renewing benefits.
'I have missed more than 30 calls from my partner as we both work in the ambulance service so rarely see each other anyway.
'My childminder tried to contact me last week in regards to my little girl being poorly and needing collecting and I didn't receive the call.'
A Vodafone spokesman added: 'We're sorry some of our customers locally will be experiencing signal issues currently.
'The local mast was scheduled for an upgrade last week but we had some problems carrying out the work.