Influential former Wymondham teacher passes away
A former Wymondham High School head of house has passed away aged 91.
Violet Mullins, better known as Vida, held the role at the high school for almost 30 years and was also a senior member of the National Union of Teachers.
Mrs Mullins grew up in Yorkshire and moved to East Anglia to work for the Women's Land Army. As a young girl, she walked through the Yorkshire hills and as a teacher she ran hiking trips for many years. Her love of the outdoors extended to the garden, where she spent countless hours.
Mrs Mullins was also an arts and crafts enthusiast, touring the country participating in painting, pottery and weaving exhibitions.
She also travelled further afield, visiting countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Mullins died peacefully in her home in Palgrave near Diss. She is fondly remembered by her sons, sisters, daughters-in-law, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country