Village pub’s family fun day raises £1,700 for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk pub has raised £1,700 for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices' nook appeal.
Graham Hooker, with his partner, Sarah Jones and daughter Aaliyah, raised the money by organising a family fun day at The Otter in Thorpe Marriot.
The event was held in memory of Mr Hooker's son, Benni, who received care from EACH in 2016 before he died aged just two months.
Featuring children's activities, a BBQ, rodeo bull, tombola and auction, there was also live music, with DJs playing for free so all the money raised from the day could go straight to charity.
Tim Jenkins, EACH Norfolk community fundraiser, said: 'The support of community organisations all across Norfolk never ceases to amaze. A big thank you to Graham, Aaliyah and Sarah for choosing us to benefit from their very special event.'
You may also want to watch:
The nook appeal is EACH's bid to raise £10m in order to build a new purpose built children's hospice in Norfolk.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer