Video: Take a ride on Marble Madness - Pleasurewood Hills’ new rollercoaster
- Credit: Archant
The Pleasurewood Hills theme park is hoping for sky high visitor numbers thanks to its latest attraction – a new rollercoaster.
Thrill-seekers can now try out Marble Madness, which the park describes as a 'new exciting family roller coaster that will keep those who ride it on the very edge of their seats'.
The ride has five cars, each carrying up to four passengers along a vibrantly coloured track up to a height of 15 metres, that will propel their passengers – like a marble on a board game – on a journey with sudden drops and sharp turns.
Marble Madness has a track length of 370 metres, a top speed of 28mph and the potential to have more than 500 thrill-seekers on it per hour.
The launch of Marble Madness now means Pleasurewood Hills has four rollercoasters running at the same time on the site since it opened more than 30 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Another first for the park will see the Acapulco High Dive Show wow audiences throughout July and August as stunt divers dive up to 25m into a pool that is only 2.8m deep.
Liam Holmes, general manager of Pleasurewood Hills, said: 'So far it's been a fantastic season for Pleasurewood Hills and it's about to get even better with the launch of Marble Madness, which is the first time we've ever had four roller coasters on the park, and with the introduction of the amazing new Acapulco High Dive Show which really is a show not to miss.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
'If visitor numbers continue as they have been in 2014, then this could be one of the best years we've had on the park in years'.
The other three rollercoasters at the theme park are Wipeout, Enigma and Rattlesnake.
A spokesman for the park said: 'Marble Madness is a new and exciting family roller coaster that will keep those who ride it on the very edge of their seats.'
Other big attractions on the park include Hobs Pit, The Jolly Roger drop tower, The Lighthouse children's tower ride, Pleasurewood Pony Rail, Wave Breaker and Laser Labyrinth.
Pleasurewood Hills is open daily from 10am from today to September.
• For further information on the theme park visit www.pleasurewoodhills.com