Video: St Andrew’s Church in Trowse hosts a right royal flower show
A right royal celebration in flowers is taking place at a church near Norwich this bank holiday weekend.
St Andrew's Church, in Trowse, is hosting a Crowns and Thrones Flower Festival which runs until Monday and is celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year.
The chief designer of the flower festival was Michael Whittle with assistance from members of St Andrew's Church, and together they have creating more than 20 floral displays to decorate the church.
The Rev Canon Michael Long said St Andrew's looked absolutely stunning.
'I have never seen the church look more beautiful in my nine years here. It always looks beautiful but this is extra special,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'Please make a special effort and come and enjoy the peace and quiet and beauty of our church during the festival.'
The festival opened today, and tonight is the setting for 'An Evening of Sparkle'.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
Tomorrow and Monday the festival is open 10am until 6pm.
On Sunday the festival is open from midday until 6pm, the Festival Sung Eucharist will be at 10.45am and Songs of Praise at 6.30pm.
Entry is free to the festival and refreshments are available.
• For more about St Andrew's Church visit www.trowsechurch.co.uk