Video: Norwich singer Nina Baker nominated for MTV music award
A Norwich-born singer songwriter has been shortlisted for a national music award.
Nina Baker has been shortlisted for the MTV Brand New Unsigned Music awards.
Nominees from previous years include the likes of Emeli Sande, Adele, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber.
'It's a huge award,' Nina said. 'I feel honoured. I am up against some pretty big names. It is a massive opportunity for me. I only found out that I had been nominated on Tuesday.
'My management has links with MTV Europe and they suggested that I went in for it.'
You may also want to watch:
The winning act will be invited to be filmed performing live for MTV in London the New Year.
Nina has spent the past two years working on her debut album at the world-famous Rockfield Studios, which was home to Coldplay and Oasis. The album, which is entitled Quite Frankly, is due to be released early next year.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
Nina, who lived in Wymondham for two years before moving to Warwickshire last year, said: 'My band are all from Norfolk. I had to move because I was travelling so much.'
The former Blyth Jex pupil, who describes her music as an eclectic mix of pop, rock, acoustic, blues, folk, soul, country and ragtime, will be performing a mini tour at the end of October playing throughout Birmingham, Oxford, Coventry, and London. This will be the first time fan fans will be able to hear the new material with the band.
*To vote for Nina, log on to brandnewunsigned.mtv.co.uk/act/ninabaker
*To see a video of Nina performing log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk
*Do you have a story about a local person who is destined for stardom? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org