Video: Norwich City’s Ryan Bennett praised for his singing
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
He is a promising young defender who has just agreed a new contract with Norwich City.
But it seems that Ryan Bennett might have his eye on signing another deal.
The 24-year-old has been drawing praise on the internet after posting clips on YouTube of him singing and playing the guitar – even claiming that it has led to interest from record labels.
Bennett, an avid user of social media, has previously tweeted photos of his acoustic guitars and invited other musicians to jam in an improvised session.
Among his covers are Make You Feel My Love by Adele and You Need Me, I Don't Need You by Ed Sheeran.
You may also want to watch:
He has also recorded his own interpretations of friends' songs, including an acoustic reworking of a track called Broken by Essex-based Ashley Reyes Brown. The original version was a grime track – an offshoot of the UK urban music scene.
'Will record proper version soon was just working a chord pattern out and messing around with it,' wrote Bennett.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Praised for his voice and guitar playing by one fan, he wrote: 'Well that's my secret out anyway! #guitar and singing'
His YouTube videos have drawn a mixed response from fans, with many complimenting his musical abilities, others hoping that he does not choose music over football. In a string of posts – with tongue apparently in cheek – he claimed he was pondering an approach by music industry figures, first stating '1 album deal offer dunno wether to do it or not. [sic]'
Later adding: 'Can't believe offering to fly me to America to discuss record deal it's gone crazy'.
Another said: 'Can't believe had an offer from record label after seeing my videos'.
The former Peterborough United centre-back this week signed a new three-year contract with the Canaries.
Bennett has made 48 appearances for City in total since joining in the summer of 2012 in a deal worth around £3million.
He had lived in the Hemsby area of Norfolk since he was 14-years-old and played junior football for Ipswich Town until he was released when he was 16.
Do you have a story about the music or entertainment scene? Email email@example.com