Video: Norfolk’s Sam Kelly set to star on first episode of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent tonight
A Norfolk student is set to grab the limelight tonight as the first episode of this year's Britain's Got Talent is screened on ITV1.
Sam Kelly, originally from Spixworth, arrived on stage at the programme's Manchester auditions with just his guitar and is said to have brought the house down.
The 19-year-old told the show's celebrity judging panel - Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, David Walliams and Alesha Dixon - that he was 'pretty much useless at everything but music' before silencing the crowd with his performance.
Media mogul Cowell told him: 'When you've got absolute silence in a room like this, you've nailed it.'
Gossip websites have reported that the singer brought Holden to tears with his rendition of Adele's 'Make You Feel My Love'.
It's reported that Walliams then said: 'The way you sang that it felt like you meant every line of that song. That's what great singers do, Frank Sinatra, people like that.'
Cowell also took to his Twitter account to reveal: 'First day of auditions, think we've found a star but won't give it away.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Watch the first episode of this year's Britain's Got Talent on ITV1 from 8pm tonight.
- Do you know Sam or have you seen him perform? Contact reporter Mark Shields this weekend on 01603 772423 or firstname.lastname@example.org