Video:Light Dragoon soldiers to return to Swanton Morley tonight from Afghanistan
Friends and families will welcome back Light Dragoon soldiers who are returning to Swanton Morley tonight (Thursday) after a six month tour in Afghanistan.
The 43 soldiers will arrive at the Robertson Barracks ahead of a welcome home parade for the regiment in Dereham on Wednesday, December 5.
Some 330 Light Dragoons were deployed to Helmand Province as part of the 12th Mechanized Brigade from January this year.
The final 45 soldiers from the regiment will return to the Robertson Barracks this Sunday.
This was the Light Dragoons fourth tour of Afghanistan - previous tours took place in 2006, 2007 and 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Despite this tour being a success, Sergeant Lee Davidson, from the regiment, was killed by a roadside bomb while on duty on Sunday, September 9.
For a full report on the homecoming, read tomorrow's EDP.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts