VIDEO: Future studios musicians remix Norwich Pride 2012 anthem We Got Pride by 90s popstar Diane Charlemagne
A song inspired by Norwich's gay pride event has gone global – and has now been remixed by young musicians from the city.
Vocalist Diane Charlemagne, who is currently in the charts with Netsky's Wanna Die For You, has written and recorded a song called We Got Pride.
She was inspired to do so following a studio chat with Dugald Ferguson and Di Cunningham, presenters on Pride Live! – Norwich Pride's show on Future Radio.
And now up-and-coming producers from the Future Studios in Motum Road have been granted permission to remix the track. Di Cunningham, presenter of Pride Live! said: 'It was lovely of Diane to let our youngsters do what they liked to the song.
'I think she really enjoyed her time in our studios and it was a suggestion by us that she write a song for Norwich Pride that started it all.
'Now it is global, is played at American Pride events and remixed by international DJs, so it was a great experience for ours to do the same.'
Diane Charlemagne sang The Key the Secret with Urban Cookie Collective, and Inner City Life with Goldie in the 1990s and has sang with Moby.
- 1 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
The remix by Future Studio trainee Billy Smith uses audio from a Barack Obama speech, in which he talks about equality for gay people. Derik Bulwadda and vocalist Maya Clarke's remix added lyrics dealing with homophobia.
The song and remixes are available to download free on website Soundcloud:
The song and remixes will be launched in Norwich at a Gay Pride Olympics event tonight at the Norwich Arts Centre in St Benedict's Street, from 7pm.
There will be a barbeque, DJs, bar and the Olympic opening ceremony screened on a big screen.
Entrance �3, with �1 going to Norwich Pride.
THE VIDEO ABOVE SHOWS DIANE CHARLEMAGNE AS FANS OF 90s POP WILL REMEMBER HER, WITH URBAN COOKIE COLLECTIVE