WATCH: The final Tornado flypast through the pilots’ eyes
- Credit: Archant
RAF Marham has released this incredible footage which shows a pilot's view of the Tornado's final nine-ship flight over Norfolk.
Thousands of aviation fans descended on RAF Marham and surrounding areas on Thursday, February 28, to catch a glimpse of the nine iconic jets performing a flypast over Norfolk for the last time.
The fighter jet began its service 40 years ago in 1979 and first saw action during the Gulf War in 1991.
Since then, the aircraft has been used in operations over Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
Crews flew their final mission from RAF Akrotiri, in Cyprus, on January 31, before returning to RAF Marham ahead of their retirement.
The Tornado's role has been taken over by the new Typhoon jet, which has been modified to carry the same weapons and surveillance equipment.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'