WATCH: The final Tornado flypast through the pilots’ eyes
- Credit: Archant
RAF Marham has released this incredible footage which shows a pilot's view of the Tornado's final nine-ship flight over Norfolk.
Thousands of aviation fans descended on RAF Marham and surrounding areas on Thursday, February 28, to catch a glimpse of the nine iconic jets performing a flypast over Norfolk for the last time.
The fighter jet began its service 40 years ago in 1979 and first saw action during the Gulf War in 1991.
Since then, the aircraft has been used in operations over Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya.
Crews flew their final mission from RAF Akrotiri, in Cyprus, on January 31, before returning to RAF Marham ahead of their retirement.
You may also want to watch:
The Tornado's role has been taken over by the new Typhoon jet, which has been modified to carry the same weapons and surveillance equipment.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack