Video and photo gallery: Car stuck in Wymondham flood water as wet weather causes disruption in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Wet and windy weather has brought disruption to Norfolk's transport this morning including the rescue of a woman after her car became stuck in flood water under Wymondham railway bridge.
Emergency services were called to the narrow Station Road under the bridge at around 9.45am this morning, where a driver had become stuck.
They used triple extension ladders and life jackets to rescue the woman, who was not believed to have been injured.
She was rescued by 10.07am, but the road remains closed while the vehicle is recovered.
The area has become notorious for flooding during stormy weather, with firefighters often having to rescue drivers.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police are warning drivers to take extra care as heavy rain battered the county overnight and this morning.
There has been one crash on the B1149 at Horsford but it was non-injury. Other roads are seeing traffic building up.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 7 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 10 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
Overstrand Road in Cromer is partially blocked near the Northrepps Road junction, because of a fallen tree.
The King's Lynn to London service is delayed by 20 minutes and passengers on the Norwich to London line are also facing delays.
Over in south Norfolk, First Buses is advising travellers to hop on board at Loddon as a burst water main at Chedgrave is preventing the X2 from serving.