Video: Alpha Papa II? Comedian reveals Alan Partridge set for return to the big screen
A second Alan Partridge film is in the pipeline – and will be set in Norwich, according to one of the stars of Alpha Papa.
Simon Greenall, who plays Partridge's friend Geordie Michael, announced the follow-up on the first episode of The Mustard Show last night.
Asked about the future of Partridge, he said: 'There's going to be another film, and it will be in and around Norwich... It has to be.
'I don't know when it's going to happen because Steve [Coogan] is off the back of Philomena... He is doing a lot of other stuff, so when I eventually get time there will be another film.'
Partridge's first foray onto the big screen was released last summer, with a premiere being held at the city's Anglia Square cinema.
You may also want to watch:
• The Mustard Show is screened at 6.15pm every weekday on Mustard TV (Freeview channel 8)
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea