Victim of Bradwell road accident named as Jack Southey as family pays tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of the 22-year-old man who died in a road accident in Bradwell on Friday have paid tribute to a 'comical little lad'.
Jack Southey, of Bradwell, died in James Paget University Hospital on Friday, following the incident on Burgh Road.
Now his family have released a touching tribute, recalling emotional memories from a recent family holiday to Florida.
It read: 'Jack had such a happy life, he was a comical little lad. He was well liked by everyone, he walked everywhere so people would have seen him walking around, everyone knew him. We miss him deeply.
'We had a magical family holiday last year, we went to Florida. Florida was his happy place, he loved it there. We are so glad that we had one last family holiday together.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank everybody for their support at this difficult time. The police, ambulance staff and hospital staff were brilliant on the night. They did everything that they could.'
Catherine Richards, East Norfolk Sixth Form College principal, where he studied, said: 'Staff and students are shocked and deeply saddened to hear of the death of Jack Southey.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
'Jack attended the college from September 2011 to June 2015 and achieved BTECs in IT and Games Design as well as A-level Electronics and A/S Use of Maths.
'Jack is remembered fondly by all those he met as a lovely, polite and hardworking young man and our thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time.'
Floral tributes left at the scene close to the Burgh Road roundabout in Bradwell also speak of his smile and laughter.
The man in his 20s died on Friday following a collision with a car.
The accident happened at about 5.15pm and he died about two hours later in the James Paget University Hospital.
The car, a black Vauxhall Corsa, stopped after the accident which took place where Burgh Road meets Market Road on the way to Burgh Castle.
Anybody with information is asked to call the serious collision investigation team at Acle on 101.
Would you like to pay tribute to Jack? Email email@example.com