Victim of Bradwell road accident named as Jack Southey as family pays tribute
- Credit: Archant
The family of the 22-year-old man who died in a road accident in Bradwell on Friday have paid tribute to a 'comical little lad'.
Jack Southey, of Bradwell, died in James Paget University Hospital on Friday, following the incident on Burgh Road.
Now his family have released a touching tribute, recalling emotional memories from a recent family holiday to Florida.
It read: 'Jack had such a happy life, he was a comical little lad. He was well liked by everyone, he walked everywhere so people would have seen him walking around, everyone knew him. We miss him deeply.
'We had a magical family holiday last year, we went to Florida. Florida was his happy place, he loved it there. We are so glad that we had one last family holiday together.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to thank everybody for their support at this difficult time. The police, ambulance staff and hospital staff were brilliant on the night. They did everything that they could.'
Catherine Richards, East Norfolk Sixth Form College principal, where he studied, said: 'Staff and students are shocked and deeply saddened to hear of the death of Jack Southey.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
'Jack attended the college from September 2011 to June 2015 and achieved BTECs in IT and Games Design as well as A-level Electronics and A/S Use of Maths.
'Jack is remembered fondly by all those he met as a lovely, polite and hardworking young man and our thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time.'
Floral tributes left at the scene close to the Burgh Road roundabout in Bradwell also speak of his smile and laughter.
The man in his 20s died on Friday following a collision with a car.
The accident happened at about 5.15pm and he died about two hours later in the James Paget University Hospital.
The car, a black Vauxhall Corsa, stopped after the accident which took place where Burgh Road meets Market Road on the way to Burgh Castle.
Anybody with information is asked to call the serious collision investigation team at Acle on 101.
Would you like to pay tribute to Jack? Email email@example.com