Victim in critical condition after serious assault outside a Great Yarmouth pub – three men arrested
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after a 40-year-old was attacked outside a Great Yarmouth pub.
The victim was left in a critical condition and police have launched an investigation following the assault at Nelson Road Central early this morning (Saturday).
Police were called at 1.55am to a report of a disturbance outside the Bricklayers Arms pub and a man who had been assaulted.
The victim was found with serious injuries and was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston by ambulance.
Earlier today police described his condition as critical.
Three men – a 43-year-old, a 23-year-old, and a 29-year-old – all from the Yarmouth area have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and have been taken to Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where they will be questioned by officers.
Crime scene investigation officers are at the scene and a seal is in place. Traffic is being diverted.
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 8 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 9 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 10 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
Shards of broken glass are covering the pavement near the front door of the pub.
Anyone who witnessed the assault should contact Norfolk Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.