Verve Hotels, new owner of grade one-listed Scole Inn near Diss, planning “sympathetic” refurbishment
- Credit: Supplied
The new owner of a grade one-listed inn near Diss has pledged to give it the 'love, care and attention' it needs with a thorough refurbishment.
Verve Hotels, which has properties in the East of England and London, has purchased the Scole Inn in Scole from its former owners Strandpark Properties for an undisclosed sum.
Following the sale, managed by TW Gaze, the 17th century building will be closed for refurbishment until October when it will reopen with the same staff.
Managing director of Verve Hotels Mark Reuben has planned a sympathetic restoration.
'I fell in love with the hotel and realised that it needed a lot of love, care and attention and most importantly lots of money to bring it into the 21st century,' he said.
'I am fortunate that the hotel will keep the same staff headed by the lovely Debbie Wright, the general manager. Her vision is for guests to enjoy their time at the hotel whilst savouring our new menus and wines.'
Licensed trade consultant at Gazes, Alan Crowest, said: 'Having watched the property trade through both good and lean times, I am delighted to see it now in the safe hands of Mark Reuben.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips