This vegetable will get you a free gin and tonic at a Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk pub is giving away free gin in exchange for a rather unusual currency.
The Waterfront Inn pub in Mere Street, Diss, is offering a free gin and tonic to anyone who brings in a stick of rhubarb.
The swap is on offer on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19 in celebration of the many new flavour combinations and botanicals in gin.
Sarah Carpenter, general manager at the Waterfront Inn, said: 'Everyone loves a gin and tonic on a British summer day, and there's no denying a chilled glass that you haven't had to pay for tastes even better.'
Ms Carpenter's suggestion is a rhubarb and ginger combination.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We look forward to inviting local gin lovers to enjoy a taste of rhubarb goodness on the house this weekend.'
One drink permitted per person and is only available while stocks last. Tinned rhubarb will also be accepted as payment.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut