Vauxhall reveals Crossland X compact crossover that will boost new SUV family
- Credit: Vauxhall
Vauxhall has revealed its new Crossland X, its new compact crossover which arrives in showrooms in summer.
Vauxhall has released the first pictures of its all-new Crossland X, the second member of its growing sport utility vehicle family.
Being launched into the booming SUV segment in summer, and joining the popular Mokka X, Vauxhall's family will be further boosted later this year with the larger Grandland X.
The Crossland X compact crossover fits below the Mokka X and, at 4.21m long, is 16cm shorter than the Astra hatch. Adding to Crossland X's urban appeal is an elevated seating position and an overall height 10cm above the Astra's.
The front-wheel drive Crossland X is pitched against the likes of the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008 while Mokka X's competitors include the Nissan Juke and Skoda Yeti.
You may also want to watch:
With the a focus on space and comfort, the Crossland X offers high levels of flexibility, largely thanks to the sliding rear seats.
Able to move forwards or backwards up to 150mm, the 60/40 split folding seats provide additional legroom to the rear passengers for added comfort, or alternatively can be moved to create additional luggage space from an already class-leading 410 litres to 520. When the rear seats are folded down, luggage capacity grows to 1,255 litres.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Inovations to make driving safer and more comfortable include a 180-degree panoramic rear-view camera, advanced park assist, forward collision alert with pedestrian detection and autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, speed sign recognition and side blind-spot alert.
Cutting-edge connectivity includes Vauxhall OnStar 'concierge' service, giving access to an operator who can answers queries 24/7, 365 days a year and providing a WiFe hotspot, and IntelliLink infotainment systems.