Van which crashed with Cawston mobility scooter is forensically examined while 77-year-old rider with six broken ribs is in a stable condition
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate a suspected crash in Cawston where a mobility scooter rider suffered serious injuries.
It happened in Brandiston Road last Monday shortly after 3pm when Eileen Bartropp, 77, suffered internal and arm injuries after being involved in a suspected collision.
Mrs Bartropp, who lives in the village and suffers from multiple sclerosis, was also left with six broken ribs, a broken jaw, a punctured lung and bruising.
A van, which may have been involved in the incident, failed to stop at the scene although the driver was later traced and he continues to help police with inquiries.
The van was seized by police and has been forensically examined.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bartropp was taken to hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision. Contact Sergeant Paul Sturman at Wymondham Road Policing on 101.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 8 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes