USAF major officially opens Carbrooke estate’s play area
- Credit: Archant
A new play area on the Blenheim Grange estate in Carbrooke has been officially opened.
Carbrooke Parish councillors and members of the Blenheim Grange Residents Association and Action Play and Leisure, who built the playground, attended the opening on Friday.
The ribbon-cutting was performed by Major Sean Lewis of the USAF's 727th Air Mobility Squadron, based at RAF Mildenhall, who stepped in after George Freeman was unable to attend.
'I know the children of the estate will appreciate and enjoy what the council has been able to do for them and I certainly plan on bringing my daughter by sometime on our way to Norwich,' he said.
The playground, off Lancaster Avenue, was finally completed last month, after Carbrooke Parish Council's long battle to have the allocated land released by three developers who worked on the estate.
Phil Sampher, chair of the Blenheim Grange Residents Association, said there had been a 'great atmosphere' on the estate since its completion.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?