Urgent concert for North Walsham cancer tot Ryan Wright
- Credit: Archant
Young Cromer illusionist Ev Boothby is hoping a touch of show business magic will boost an appeal to send a seriously ill North Walsham toddler to America for life-saving treatment.
Ev, 21, will be hosting a variety show at Cromer parish hall on Monday, with proceeds going to help 18-month-old Ryan Wright, who has the rare childhood cancer neuroblastoma.
Ryan's parents, Hayley and Darren, are currently keeping a bedside vigil at Addenbrooks Hospital, Cambridge, where doctors have given the tot just days or weeks to live.
They hope to take Ryan to New York for surgery to remove a brain tumour and launched an appeal to raise the £500,000 cost of treatment.
Ev, who is a family friend, had planned to stage the concert next month but, after Ryan suffered a relapse earlier this week, he decided to bring the event forward.
You may also want to watch:
'It has been a bit of a rush, but Ryan's story touches everyone's hearts and we wanted to do something to help,' he said.
Monday evening's concert, which has been organised by Ev with the help of vocalist Marc James, will feature 12 acts, with a programme including magic, music, comedy sketches, dancing, and a guest appearance from Norfolk comedian Pat Nearney.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Ev, who will be hosting the show and performing, visited Ryan in hospital on Wednesday.
'He is such a smashing little boy with a fantastic personality and the whole family has shown amazing courage,' he said.
The concert is at Cromer parish hall, Church Street, at 7.30pm on Monday. Tickets, priced £5 (children £3), are available on the door.
To make a donation to the Ryan Wright Appeal, text RYAN87 and an amount between £1 and £10 to 70070 or send a cheque payable to the Ryan Wright Appeal to Families Against Neuroblastoma, Beach Terrace Road, Hunstanton, Norfolk PE36 5BQ. Donations can also be made at any NatWest bank branch to account number 89534719, sort code 55-81-28.