UPDATED: Police investigate armed robberies in Dereham and Swaffham
Police have now released CCTV images of an armed robbery in Swaffham.
Officers are investigating possible links between the robbery at the BP garage last night and one at a Dereham newsagents this morning (Friday).
Two men armed with a spanner and a handgun robbed the B & P newsagents in Stone Road, Toftwood at about 6.15am.
The pair fled the scene, where they were challenged by a member of public and subsequently dropped the cash and what is described as part of a BB Gun. The offenders then left in what is described as a white estate car.
No shots were fired in the incident and no-one was injured.
You may also want to watch:
The robbers are described as white, wearing hooded tops and in their 20s. One had short mousey hair and was wearing blue jeans with a black hooded top. The other man wore black jogging bottoms and a dark coloured coat with a hood.
In the Swaffham robbery, a man entered the BP petrol station in Norwich Road at about 8.35pm last night (Thursday) and demanded money.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
He threatened staff with what is described as a hand gun and fled with a quantity of cash and cigarettes. Again, a short while later some money was recovered along with a magazine from a BB gun.
No shots were fired and no-one was injured.
The Swaffham robber (pictured) had a tattoo on his right wrist and was about 5ft 8ins tall and with a goatee beard.
Forensic investigations are continuing.
Witnesses are asked to call King's Lynn CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
*For more on the Dereham attempted robbery see Saturday's EDP.